Know Your Rights – Call Our Paternity Attorneys in West Palm Beach County

PaternityLong ago in a galaxy not too far away people fell in love, got married and then had children. Enter the 21st century and the tables have turned. Many people nowadays have children without the benefit or formalities of a marriage license and sometimes parents who have children are minor children themselves. No matter which way a child is born into this world, he or she has two parents and Florida has specific laws that address paternity. A mother, who conceives and gives birth to a baby out of wedlock, can seek to have the Court order the father to pay child support. A man may register with the Florida Putative Father Registry to identify himself as the child’s father. That man may later wish to file his own paternity petition to determine his parental responsibility, timesharing and co-parenting rights.

However, on the other hand, if the man believes that he is not the child’s father, he can ask the Court to dis-establish his paternity and cease any obligations he may have to support the child. Paternity may be established, among other things, through involved genetic or scientific testing, subsequent marriage of the parents or the filing of an Acknowledgment of Paternity.

If you are the parent of a child born out of wedlock and want to know your rights, contact the Florida child support lawyers at Maynor & Associates who can advise you what you need to do and to give your child the head start in life he or she deserves.

Call To Meet with An Attorney: 561.691.9336